Differences Between MARVEL Contest of Champions and MARVEL Strike Force
- In MARVEL Contest of Champions, players take on the role of a Marvel superhero or villain and battle it out in one-on-one combat. In MARVEL Strike Force, players assemble a team of Marvel characters and face off against villains in turn-based combat.
- MARVEL Contest of Champions features more simplistic and arcade-style gameplay, while MARVEL Strike Force boasts a deeper and more strategic gameplay.
- MARVEL Contest of Champions is a free-to-play game with in-game purchases, while MARVEL Strike Force is a premium game that must be purchased upfront.
- MARVEL Contest of Champions features characters from across the Marvel Universe, while MARVEL Strike Force focuses exclusively on the Avengers.
- MARVEL Contest of Champions has been out for longer and thus has a more robust roster of characters to choose from. MARVEL Strike Force is a newer game and is still expanding its roster of available characters.
- MARVEL Contest of Champions has more of a traditional fighting game style, with combos, counters, and special moves. MARVEL Strike Force is more of a tactical RPG, with players positioning their characters on a grid to take advantage of their abilities.
- In MARVEL Contest of Champions, the story is focused on a specific character, while in MARVEL Strike Force the story is more of a backdrop to the battles.
- In MARVEL Contest of Champions, the graphics are more anime-inspired, while in MARVEL Strike Force the graphics are more realistic.
Overall, MARVEL Contest of Champions is more focused on the individual character, while MARVEL Strike Force is more focused on the team. Both games are fun to play, but they offer different experiences.