Minecraft: 10 interesting facts
Minecraft is a popular game that allows players to build and explore in a block-based world. The game has been praised for its creativity and flexibility and has been played by millions of people around the world. Here are ten interesting facts about Minecraft:
1. Minecraft was created by a Swedish game developer named Markus Persson, who goes by the nickname “Notch”.
2. Notch originally created Minecraft as a side project while working on another game and only intended for it to be a small game with simple graphics.
3. The first version of Minecraft was released in May 2009 and was only playable in single-player mode.
4. Multiplayer support was added in October 2010, and the game’s popularity exploded after that.
5. Minecraft is now available on a variety of platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, and Xbox 360.
6. The game has sold over 144 million copies across all platforms, making it one of the best-selling video games of all time.
7. Minecraft has been used in a variety of educational settings, due to its ability to promote creativity and problem-solving skills.
8. The game has also been used in a number of professional settings, such as architects and city planners.
9. In 2012, Notch sold the development studio behind Minecraft, Mojang, to Microsoft for $2.5 billion.
10. Minecraft remains one of the most popular games in the world, and its popularity shows no signs of slowing down.